Cleaning up vomit is a fact of life if you're lucky enough to have a dog in your life. Although all dogs vomit from time to time, it's important to distinguish between simple upset stomachs and mo ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
- Over 250,000 dogs in the U.S were reported positive for heartworms in 2004 1.
- Mosquitoes transmit immature heartworms from infected dogs to healthy dogs.
- Heartworms live in the hearts and lungs of infected dogs.
- Left untreated, heartworm disease may be fatal to your dog.
- Some common signs of heartworm infection include coughing, difficulty breathing and sluggishness.
- Recently infected dogs may show no signs of the disease.
- Other carriers of heartworm disease include wolves, foxes, coyotes and raccoons.
Heartgard Plus kills any existing immature heartworms introduced to the dog by a mosquito bite over the past 30 days. It does not protect against those introduced after is has been consumed- that's the work of the next Heartgard chewable, which is given 30 days later.